- The Mary Aikenhead Ministries – strategic plan development and implementation of their master brand strategy
- Douwe Egberts Coffee & Tea – researched and developed their internal communications strategy, working with HR Director
- Huggies (Kimberley-Clark Australia) with Ogilvy & Mather team for over 7 years as Strategic Planner
- Cerebos planning involvement with brand team on Riva, Gravox and Fountain brands
- Nutricia Australia and New Zealand with Fame Advertising team
- Morton Design & Brand Consultants on a Swift & Moore NPD project and Sanitarium core product redesign
Corporate Role: 1999-Sept 2004:
Marketing Director for the Baking Division of George Weston Foods (Australia/NZ).
- Managing a strong marketing team delivering strategic plans, budgets, and activities for brands such as Tip Top, Noble Rise, Burgen, & Golden, Ryvita and Top Taste cake.
- Key member of the Company Management Team responsible for contributing to major growth and profit strategic initiatives during her 6 year tenure with GWF.
Previous Experience: 1993-1999:
- 1994-1999: Yum Restaurants International as Marketing Director in roles across KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell in Australia & NZ.
- 1993: Marketing Director at Who Weekly Magazine (Time Warner Group).
- 1983-1992: Unilever’s personal care division, Lever Rexona. This included a 3 year ex-patriation to Elida Gibbs in London and 9 months at J.Walter Thompson Sydney on an advertising cadetship.
- Bachelor of Commerce, major in Marketing, NSW University.
Numerous courses attended, including:
- The MGSM Strategic Management Programme
- Advanced Four Quadrant Leadership (Wilf Jarvis) Programme.
- New Director Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors (2000)
- Leadership in the Boardroom, AICD (2012)
- Company Director’s Course, AICD Scholarship recipient (2013)
- Associate Fellow Australian Marketing Institute (AFAMI)
- CPM (Certified Practitioner of Marketing)
- Committee member of the AANA advertisng practice group and Effies Judge
- Committee role on the AFA Awards committee
- Australian Businesswomen’s Network (ABN)
- Graduate, AICD (GAICD)
- International Coaching Federation, Australia
Further Industry Experience:
- Founding member, & former Vice President of Marketing Women Association, responsible for marketing women mentoring programmes and networking events, since July 1997. A NFP organisation which was designed to provide networking opportunities within a disciplined and trained environment for young marketing women.
- Numerous speaking and Chairing roles at conferences: including The AMI National Conference; the AFR Advertising Summit; FMCG Conference; AMI Qld Conference; CEASA, and Kids Food Conference 2005 and Chair of Kids Power 2006.
- Former Chair of the Marketing and Communications Board for Go Grains, which exists to promote the uptake of grain product usage amongst Australians.
- Lecturer in “Undertake Marketing Activities” module at Sydney TAFE, Ultimo.
- Mentor and occasional Webinar Trainer for HerBusiness (formerly the Australian Businesswomen’s Network) – Marketing for Small Business Course.
- Mentor, Women on Boards, and Supervisor, Next Generation Women Business Leader’s
Existing Company Directorships:
- NED Clover Corporation (ASX-Listed)
- NED Houston’s Farm
- NED A.I.F.S.T (Aust Institute of Food, Science and Technology)
- NED Peer Support Australia
- NED Advisory Board Australian Businesswomen’s Network (ABN)
Previous Company Directorships:
- Non-Executive Director, JIMACO Ltd (Jewellery Industry Management Agency Co) – Public, limited by membership
- Non-Executive Board Director of St John (NSW)
- Non-Executive Board Director, Basketball Australia
- Non-Executive Director, International Grammar School